Thursday, December 4, 2014

Advanced Blog Post 12/4/14

For the last two weeks in advanced computer science I have been learning more about c++, as well as various other small things. Most recently I completed the general trees lab. I wasn't entirely satisfied by the method through which I generated the tree because, while it was random, there were certain types of trees that it would never generate. For example, it could never generate a tree in which multiple children at the same level had children. So a tree that looked like this would never be created.

A way that it could be improved would be to add some sort of option to either add children to a random child or to go back up to the root and choose another random branch entirely.

As a side note I learned how to make popups in html. It takes forever in blogger because if there's a single mistake it doesn't tell me where the mistake is, it just doesn't work which can be frustrating. But the realization that there is the option to write all of my blogs in html has made writing blogs a lot more entertaining (and time consuming).

I am currently working on the UIL programming problems in class. So far I have been able to do all the problems pretty easily (although I have only done two because I got distracted and had to finish general trees and write this blog). I don't think I will have much trouble completing eight of the problems though. I actually enjoy doing the UIL problems because it is a fun way to practice coding while solving things that occasionally cause me to have to think to find a solution. I've done the problems in java so far but plan on also doing a few in c++ to get some more practice with the language.

No comments:

Post a Comment